in Russian – https://aga-tribunal.info/z-23-3-2021/
On March 23, 2021, the public organization “Khachmeruk” (Crossroads) held a discussion on the topic of cultural genocide (culturicide) of the Armenian heritage of the Republic of Artsakh that is realizing by Azerbaijan. Like the previous one on February 24-25, it was held on the Zoom platform. The announcement was on Facebook and vkontakte.
The discussion of organizational issues and immediate tasks was attended by:
- Melania Balayan, Advisor to the Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of the Republic of Artsakh (Stepanakert)
- Mihran Shakhzadeyan, political scientist, Doctor of Philosophy (Moscow)
- Hovik Avanesov, Scientific researcher, Center for Caucasian Studies, Mesrop Mashtots University, member of the Public Council for Protection of Cultural Heritage “COHEP” (Stepanakert, Republic of Armenia)
- Grigory Ayvazyan, Ph.D. in History, researcher at the Institute of Archeology and Ethnography of NAS RA, chairman of the NGP “Assembly of Azerbaijanian Armenians” (Armenia)
- Ruben Kirakosyan, lawyer, philosopher, president of ARMROSS, the Russian-Armenian Association of lawyers (Moscow)
- Mary Babayan, undergraduate SPbSU (Sankt Petersburg / Yerevan)
- Levon Adyan, writer (Sankt Petersburg)
- Eduard Mosesov, publicist (Sankt Petersburg)
- Vahan Babakhanyan, public organization of sociological and political science initiatives “Crossroads” (“Khachmeruk”), member of the Coordinating council of Russian-Armenian organizations (Sankt-Petersburg)
Sad symbolism – at the time of above said discussion the media spread about another such crime committed by Azerbaijan in the Hadrut region.
The “Culturicide” project is organized by the efforts of “Khachmeruk” (Crossroads) public organization. In addition to the above experts, few others are also involved in the project.
The project aims to:
- exposure pan-Turkish Azerbaijani falsifications, politics and crimes of cultural genocide by Azerbaijan and its accomplices,
- protection of the Armenian cultural heritage from vandalism, destruction and appropriation,
- study and promotion of the general topic of the protection of cultural heritage, the theme of culturicide at different sites and levels.
The AGA-Tribunal.info website has collected more than a hundred publications on the topic:
- Armenian cultural heritage in Artsakh and Azerbaijan https://aga-tribunal.info/heritage-2/
- Ideology and practice of cultural genocide by Azerbaijan https://aga-tribunal.info/practice-1/
- The crimes of cultural genocide by Azerbaijan in 2020-2021 https://aga-tribunal.info/2020-facts/ The damage to Christian heritage https://aga-tribunal.info/christian-heritage-1/
- The threat of turning the cultural capital of Artsakh Shushi into a center of pan-Turanism and terrorism https://aga-tribunal.info/shushi-3/
- Practical actions. Appeals of organizations to protect the Armenian cultural heritage of Artsakh https://aga-tribunal.info/appeals-2/
We welcome experts wishing to join the ongoing collective activities on the topic of cultural genocide.
This information in another web resources