Fourth Address to the Prime Minister
Dear Mr. Pashinyan,
The first collective letter on the topic of correct qualification of Azerbaijan’s crimes and politics in this area was on January 18, 2017 https://miaban.ru/themes/gen-in-azer/obrash_jan_17_2017_arm/ In English – https://miaban.ru/themes/gen-in-azer/open-letter-jan-17-2017/ Second – on August 4, 2017 http://mul.gov.am/ext/download.php?ext_id=4A96-1F08-3FF6&file=dimum-29668.pdf&out= Third – on June 13, 2018 http://mul.gov.am/ext/download.php?ext_id=C466-228A-2E0B&file=dimum-22370.pdf&out= There was no answer to any letter, although there is a requirement of the Law.
More than 4 months passed after the 30th anniversary of hell in Sumgait (state Memorial day on February 28). It remains about 2 months before the 100th anniversary of hell in Baku (people’s Day of remembrance on September 15). None of these round dates had decent events, there were not even conferences. The reason is in the ideological and informational corruption (IIC) on the topic, and it must be fought the same principle way, as with financial corruption.
And like financial corruption, the IIC is also due to ceding policy to external forces. It is clear that we do not have a state ideology in general, but in this topic it should be. It is clear that we sometimes write articles on the topic of the crimes of Azerbaijan, but it’s time from episodic and virtual journalism to move on to the systemic and practical effectiveness https://miaban.ru/info/spyurq/miaban_31-5-2018_arm/
Because of the ongoing IIC, we ignore the potential of the ideological and information component, do not use it, and significantly weaken national security, yielding to the enemy on this component in the said topic in wartime. We do not qualify correctly the crimes of the enemy against us, encouraging his new bold crimes and encouraging immoral aiding of third countries to the enemy, including the sale of weapons. The price of an ineradicable IIC is the lives of young soldiers at the borders.
It is an undeniable historical fact the genocidal policies and repeated genocidal acts of Azerbaijan against the Armenian people for a century. It’s not about the “second genocide”, but about the unified Armenian Genocide on the part of a single tandem of two criminal Turkish states, and the active phase from Azerbaijan threatens another war. Strong and urgent actions are needed on the ideological and information front in order to neutralize in time the enemy’s military threats.
The public “Yerevan Group on the legal recognition of the Armenian Genocide in Azerbaijan”, together with the corresponding mixed state-public expert group, proposes a draft Program on this topic – Annex 1. The topic is global, the participation of the representatives of Diaspora and friends of Armenia will gradually increase. For each item of this Program, we have taken practical steps and will go forward regardless of what and whoever. We propose to discuss these issues jointly, so that with due participation of state bodies the result would be more effective. We hope that the fate of this fourth Appeal will be different than that of the previous three from us for 1.5 years and than dozens of different appeals for 28 years.
On behalf of the “Yerevan Group on the legal recognition of the Armenian Genocide in Azerbaijan
Yerevan, July 7, 2018
Draft Program of events July-September 2018 on the topic – Condemnation of genocidal acts and policy of Azerbaijan to prevent new crimes
- Roundtable (or Hearings) in Parliament on the 100th anniversary of the massacres in Baku. Critical analysis of the Statement from 28.2.2018 http://www.parliament.am/legislation.php?sel=show&ID=6180&lang=eng
- Viewing of films with the invitation of representatives of foreign states
- Discussion in the City Hall of our proposals for the site of the Tsitsernakaberd Memorial with three khachkars (cross stones):
– about landscaping (including marking on asphalt, so that cars do not park too close to the khachkars and do not obscure them),
– information stand in three languages near khachkars,
– plant a new spruce in connection with two round tragic dates (the 30th anniversary of Sumgait and the 100th anniversary of Baku),
– as well as on banners (posters) in prominent places of the city
- Decision on the preparation and release of a series of stamps by September. As a supplement in the Plan for 2018 https://www.haypost.am/en/annual-publicaton-plan
- Exhibition of books and information materials in the National Library in conjunction with the National Archive “The century-long struggle of the Armenian people against the genocidal acts and policy of Azerbaijan
- Discussion of museum issues
- Preparation of a bill (or draft Statement) for the parliamentary session in September
- Literary event and exhibition of art works
- Publication of a series of brochures
- September 14-15 – Scientific and Practical Conference (Institute of history jointly with Yerevan State University) https://miaban.ru/themes/gen-in-azer/sept-14-15-2018_eng/