(same in Russian)
On May 31, 2019 at the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute (AGMI) was held the Round table “Operation “Ring”. Military terrorism as an instrument of genocidal policy” dedicated to the 28th anniversary of this atrocity in 1991.The round table was prepared by the organizing committee of the following organizations:
– public organization of sociological and political science initiatives “Crossroad” (Khachmeruk),
– “Assembly of Azerbaijani Armenians”,
– Congress of refugees from the Azerbaijani Soviet Republic,
– “Organizing Committee “In Defense of the Artsakh Republic”.
The event was held in the AGMI conference hall, provided by the directorate. Harutyun Marutyan, director of the Museum, greeted at the beginning of the gathering and wished him successful work. The event was led by Elena Gareginovna Khachatryan, proposing to hear seven speakers first, and then to discuss the issues raised.
Presentations were made by:
– Aram Sargsyan, head of the Democratic party and the “Organizing Committee “In Defense of the Artsakh Republic” with the report “Operation “Ring” and its consequences”,
– Grigory Ayvazyan, chairman of the Assembly of Azerbaijani Armenians with a presentation on the expert document of MIGA of October 23, 2008,
– ethnographer Hranush Kharatyan with the report “Operation “Ring”. Ethnocide. Armenians as a target of ethnic punishment in the USSR”,
– doctor Gevorg Gevorkian, with the report “Operation “Ring “. Mental and physical condition of those subjected to torture and organized violence”,
– Styopa Safaryan, head of the Armenian Institute of international relations and security affairs, with a report “Operation Ring. Influence of historical memory and politics on the future”,
– Mariam Avagyan, coordinator of the Congress of refugees from the Azerbaijani Soviet Republic, with the report “Operation “Ring” as a transfer of the genocidal attempt the Armenians of Sumgait to the whole territory of Artsakh”,
– Elena Khachatryan, coordinator of the NGO “Khachmeruk” – with the report “Operation “Ring “- a symbol of military-state terrorism and genocide” (text in Russian).
In the discussion spoke the following participants:
– Vahan Hamazaspyan, doctor of technical sciences, professor,
– Martin Israelyan, Congress of refugees of the Azerbaijani SSR,
– Anahit Dallakyan, captain, teacher,
– Hrayr Ulubabyan, philosopher, researcher of Hovannes Tumanyan, co-author of the book published in 1989 “Sumgayit. Genocide. Publicity (Glasnost)”
– Viktor Solakhyan, expert
– Khachatur Margaryan, azatamartik, film director,
– Susanna Melikyan, Armenian Society of Gardman region,
– Zoya Julakyan, expert.
The resolution of the round table as on May 31 is under negotiation. It will include, in particular, appeals to the National Assembly and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia.
On the international Movement for the legal recognition of the Armenian Genocide by Azerbaijan – here.
This information in Facebook.